Read the legend of La Loba HERE.
Daniela Montoya-Barthelemy is a queer, Latinx from a small town in Northern New Mexico currently living in the Twin Cities.
La Loba Health & Empowerment was born out of her first son's birth and her passion for sexual health and social justice. The services offered reflect her gifts in balancing strategic health research with holistic modalities of care. She loves getting into the nitty gritty academics around public health research and enhancing that knowledge through intuition. She aims to empower businesses that are making a difference in underserved communities. And she works to support individuals navigating the life and death cycles around reproduction.
- Master of Public Health in Global Health Systems Development : Tulane University, New Orleans, LA
- Bachelor of Arts in Sociology, minor in Psychology : University of New Mexico, Albuquerque, NM
- Associate of Early Childhood Multicultural Education : University of New Mexico, Taos, NM
- Postpartum Doula: A Cerrar Las Caderas, Indigescuela
- Sex Educator and Practitioner of Women’s Holistic Sexuality : The Artemis School, Venice, CA
- Full Spectrum Doula : The Spiral Collective, Twin Cities, MN
- Birth Doula : Enlightened Mama (Dona), St. Paul, MN
- Yoga Teacher : Sivananda Ashram, Woodburn, NY
if you work with her:
Whether you are a business or an individual, all services will be rendered from an evolving social justice framework that centers the experiences of Indigenous folks and People of Color as well as those within the LGBTQ community. Through this lens, Daniela seeks to decolonize sexual and reproductive health. This framework will be evident in everything from pricing to the structure and content of workshops. If you would like to know more about how this applies to the services you are interested in, please reach out as she'd love to chat!